Thursday, September 11, 2014

In store... just arrived.

Some more treats have just arrived. These aren't on the website but  you're welcome to email me if there's anything you're interested in.
These old hand-stitched zokin cleaning cloths are  not elegant but they've got character - and they're functional!


We've also got more retro 1950's and 60's small metal bento food boxes. These are always popular and I've got a small collection of my own now. I'm not quite sure what to do with them but I love them.

Token extra picture:  this is a screen shot from Takeshi Kitano's Dolls  featuring one of these old style bentos. (This is one of my favourite movies with fantastic costumes by Yohji Yamamoto)


We've also got more wooden stamps...


and silk and metallic threads...

...as well as a small basket of indigo threads that seem to be remnants  from someone's home studio.  There was a pattern amongst them drawn on the back of an old advertisement dated 1973. One lovely hank of hemp and the rest are cotton.

 I'm adding to my basket of cheap $12 obis. I've got a shipment of obis, kimonos and fabric coming in a month or so and I need to clear some space!


And I've just put out this lovely shibori dyed long young woman's haori. It's just stunning...



No comments:

Post a Comment